Distance from hotel to Ixtapa Zihuatanejo International Airport (ZIH), 31 minutes.
Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa, a secluded, romantic and exclusive resort set alongside a stunning rock cliff with endless views of the blue ocean. Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa features just 59 rooms and suites in five individual buildings that cascade towards the Pacific Ocean. Hillside inclinators transport guests to their rooms, pools and outdoor dining areas. Each guestroom and suite features a large, private outdoor terrace and an individual plunge pool thoughtfully positioned out of sight from other suites. Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa's fine dining room, A Mares, features some of the best modern Mexican cuisine. The casual Las Rocas serves breakfast, lunch, international and Mexican, a dramatic, alfresco cliffside grill creates a true sense of place and floor candles and a fire pit. The grill serves the bounty from the surrounding waters. Tapas and Botanas are served at the resort's Terrace Bar, it offers live music, a variety of small plates, featuring the culinary art of ceviche, sushi and sashimi; it has one of the largest selections of single barrel and Anejo Tequilas. Guests may also choose to dine in the privacy of their own private terrace. The Spa provides the ultimate in pampering and rejuvenation. Each guest is being escorted to one of six indoor treatment rooms or the outdoor massage area. In addition to a wide selection of beauty treatments, massages and therapies, a yoga and Pilates deck and fitness area is located at the top of the resort, providing spectacular Pacific Ocean Views.
- Accommodations for Physically Challenged Guests
- Activities Desk
- Babysitting Services
- Beach (onsite)
- Beauty Salon
- Bicycle Rentals
- Boat Rentals
- Business Center
- Cooking (classes)
- Currency Exchange
- Doctor (on call) ($)
- Exercise Classes
- Facilities for Physically Challenged Guests
- Fitness Center
- Floors (6)
- Gift Shop
- Golf (nearby) ($)
- Hospitality Desk
- Internet Service
- Laundry Service
- Multilingual Staff
- Parking Facility
- Pets (allowed) ($)
- Pools (outdoor) (2)
- Poolside Beverage Service
- Poolside Meal Service
- Restaurants (3)
- Rooms (59)
- Safe Deposit Boxes (front desk)
- Safe Deposit Boxes (in room)
- Shop (golf, logo) ($)
- Snack Bar
- Sundries Shop
- Tour Desk
- Tours & Excursions $ ($)
- Trail (hiking)
- Trail/Track (jogging)
- Umbrellas (beach/pool)
- Valet Service
- Wedding Coordinator
- Wedding Site
Early check-in/check-out policy: Early check-in/check-out policy: Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa does not have check-in or check-out times. However, due to the fact that guests are checked in immediately upon arrival at the resort, the hotel requires to have guests' arrival and departure details in advance so they can be prepared. If arrival and departure times are not available at time of booking, it must be sent at a later date prior to arrival.
• Children's age break is 12 years old.
2018 Ocean Front Junior Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Deluxe Ocean Front Junior Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
2019 Cliffside Ocean Front Junior Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Romance Deluxe Ocean Front Junior Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Cala de Mar Penthouse - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Above maximum occupancy is based on guests booking the European Plan (EP).
• Maximum occupancy for all categories when booking Meal Inclusive Plan is 2 guests.
12/22/2017 - 12/21/2018 Oceanfront Junior Suite, (FJR) 1 king size bed with pillow top mattress, satellite television, private terrace featuring individual plunge pool and seating arrangements.
12/22/2017 - 12/21/2018 Deluxe Oceanfront Junior Suite, (DJR) 1 king size bed with pillow top mattress, satellite television, large private terrace with a daybed and individual plunge pool.
12/22/2018 - 12/21/2019 Cliffside Ocean Front Junior Suite, Each suite offers spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and features a king bedroom, living room and an open-air thatched terrace with a private shaded plunge pool.
12/22/2018 - 12/21/2019 Romance Deluxe Ocean Front Junior Suite, This suite offers an additional measure of comfort and luxury with a more spacious floor plan and a larger terrace with a day bed and private infinity plunge pool.
12/22/2018 - 12/21/2019 Cala De Mar Penthouse, Enjoy panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, an open-air terrace with lounge chairs and hammock, an open living and dining room area, a private infinity plunge pool and a complimentary refreshment center.
All accommodations include: maid service, ironing board, patio or balcony, pool (plunge), rollaway bed (on request): ($), room service, CD/DVD player, safety deposit box, air conditioning, shower, alarm clock, smoke detector, ceiling fan, telephone, coffee/tea maker, television, crib (on request), hairdryer, internet access (wireless), iron and mini-bar.
• Rollaway beds are available for persons over the age of 12 for a fee.
• One rollaway bed per bedroom allowed.
• Rollaway beds and cribs are available free of charge for children under the age of 12.
($) Denotes a fee may be charged.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Terrace Bar, Tapas and botanas are served at the resort's three-tiered Terrace Bar, which offers breathtaking sunset views across the Pacific Ocean. Choices include a variety of small plates, a Pacific Kitchen featuring the culinary art of ceviche, sushi and sashimi and a full service bar. The Terrace Bar is also home to the resort's Tequila Room, a unique, iron-gated indoor exploration of 65 of the region's best 100% agave single barrel and Anejo tequilas. Guests can pair white, rested and aged tequilas and mezcals with small plates of regional favorites, or learn about the origins of tequila during a guided tasting from some of the most famous Tequila houses in Mexico. The tasting ends with guests creating their very own margarita.
A Mares Restaurant, Cala de Mar's climate-controlled fine dining room is the only air conditioned restaurant in Ixtapa, affording stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. A Mares turns fine dining into a culinary art with cuisine that features refined and refreshed pasta and steakhouse dishes. The menus change on a regular basis to highlight the freshest seasonal ingredients and a variety of wines from around the world that pair perfectly with the cuisine. Open for dinner.
Dress Code: Elegant.
Las Rocas Restaurant, The open air and casual Las Rocas is located poolside with spectacular ocean views. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and international and Mexican specialties throughout the day. Start your day with the Cala de Mar Breakfast which includes a mimosa. Serving breakfast and lunch.
The Seafood Market, This rustic seafood restaurant creates a true sense of place and cultural ambiance with local artisan pottery, floor candles and a fire pit. The grill serves the bounty from the surrounding waters, cooked on the spot, with the local fisherman's catch of the day handwritten on a chalkboard. Guests savor truly customized dishes, deciding on the cooking method and sauce used to grill their preferred fish. Open for dinner.
ALL INCLUSIVE 2018
Booking Dates: 06/23/2017 - 12/21/2018 Travel Dates: 12/22/2017 - 12/21/2018
• Daily a la carte breakfast for two
• A la carte lunch or poolside Mexican tapas
• A la carte dinner in Sea Food Market or Terrace Restaurant
• House Bar: beer, wine, liquors, cocktails, sodas & water
• There is a 5 night minimum night stay requirement for stays from 12/24/17-12/31/17.
• There is a 5 night minimum night stay requirement for stays from 01/01/18-12/21/18.
MEAL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE 2019
Booking Dates: 08/08/2018 - 12/19/2019 Travel Dates: 12/22/2018 - 12/19/2019
• Daily American breakfast for two at Las Rocas Restaurant
• Three courses for lunch & dinner (an extra charge applies to premium dishes)
• Soft drinks open bar
• A 20% discount off alcoholic drinks
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• Morning coffee
• Use of fitness center
• Daily newspaper
• Bottled water
• Chaise lounges
• Coffee/tea (in room)
• Welcome drink
• Free in room soft drinks and water
• Bicycles -5:00pm food amenity in room
• Pool amenities
Tourist Attractions Nearby:
• Playa Linda: 5 minutes by by car
• Ixtapa Marina - Yacht Club: 5 minutes by by car
• Bicycles path: 5 minutes by by car
• Golf Course Palma Real: 5 minutes by by car
• Golf Course Marina Ixtapa: 5 minutes by by car
• Aztlan- Natural Reserve/park: 5 minutes by by car
• Ixtapa Shopping area: 8 minutes by by car
• La Isla beach: 8 minutes by by car