Distance from airport to hotel, 15 miles (24 kms).
The Bitter End is a world-renowned watersports resort, as well as being a relaxing environment which enables creative thinking for corporate retreats, multiple activities to enhance team building, and peaceful settings for family reunions, weddings, and honeymoons. The resort stretches one mile on the northern tip of Virgin Gorda, facing the North Sound and the Atlantic Ocean and all 75 shore-side accommodations are scattered throughout tropical gardens and offer panoramic ocean views. The continuous trade winds make sailing conditions almost ideal; they'll also keep your hammock swaying gently and allow cool breezes to flow through your beachfront villa. The reefs that surround the British Virgin Islands provide spectacular snorkeling and diving, as well as scrumptious seafood dishes to choose from on the full American Plan. During the clients' visit, they can select to go on daily-guided excursions or can explore surrounding islands with a picnic in tow on their own. The club fleet of 100 boats satisfies everyone's taste. Windsurfing and kayaking are also popular options.
• We recommend booking to Tortola's Beef Island airport (EIS) and connecting with the North Sound Express, high-speed ferry for a 30-minute scenic trip direct to Bitter End.
- Activities Desk
- Babysitting Services ($)
- Bars/Lounges (4)
- Boat (charters) ($)
- Boutique ($)
- Children's Program
- Conference Center
- Cruises ($)
- Cruises (sunset)
- Entertainment (nightly)
- Excursions (daily, guided) ($)
- Fishing ($)
- Gift Shops (2) ($)
- Laundry Service ($)
- Physician ($)
- Pool (freshwater, outdoor)
- Pool (waterfront)
- Poolside Beverage Service
- Poolside Meal Service
- Restaurants (4)
- Scuba Diving ($)
- Snorkeling (equipment) ($)
- Spa Services ($)
- Theater (open air)
- Track (walking)
- Trail (hiking)
- Windsurfing ($)
• Chandlery Shop, a boaters retail and repair shop, offering parts, maps, and tools.
• Kite-boarding Shop (offers gear rental, lessons and kite-boarding adventures). Sailing: ($) Bitter End Sailing School (subject to availability). Rooms: (87) Shoreside Miscellaneous Amenities
• Rowing Skull
• Outboard Skiffs
• Manager's Cocktail Party
• Outdoor Exercise Course
• Kiteboarding Boating: ($) Fishing, Sailboat, and Powerboat Charters available. ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Effective dates: 01/01/17-12/31/17
• Bitter End Yacht Club is best suited for children over 5 years of age.
• Children 5 and under are free when sharing with parents (but not recommended).
• Children 6-12 years old pay the child rate when sharing with parents.
• The extra person charge applies for children 13 years old and over.
• If a 2nd room is required for children the standard rates will apply where applicable.
• Children 6-12 years old sharing room with parents (and paying the nightly supplement), must dine from the children's menu, if not a surcharge will be applied to the hotel bill.
• For the holiday seasons (12/24/16-01/02/17 & 12/23/17-12/31/17) all guests, including children (6 and older), over double occupancy are billed the extra adult rate per night.
• Garden Room - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Horizon Room - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Reef Room - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Please use the above maximum occupancy info as a guide until we receive the 2018 contract information.
Garden Room(*), (GDR) these cottages are nestled comfortably above sea level along Eustatia Sound's shore. They are surrounded by lush bougainvillea and frangipani and have close in views of the Sound and its reef through a remarkable mangrove forest.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 twin beds.
Horizon Room, (HRA) these cottages lie along the upper boardwalk. They are tree houses for grownups and kids with panoramic views of Eustatia Sound's colorful and acrobatic kite boarders, waves crashing on the barrier reef and the allure of Anegada on the horizon. Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 twin beds.
Reef Room(*), (RRM) these cottages are scattered along the lower boardwalk, steps from water's edge, and close to Bitter End's beaches, attractions, and activities. They have expansive views of Eustatia Sound's vivid waters, its barrier reef, outlying islands and the blue sea beyond.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 twin beds.
Other Accommodation Information:
• Air conditioning is available as a back up to Mother Nature's reliable and luxurious trade wind ventilation in all of Bitter Ends signature timber and stone duplex cottages. These elegantly simple structures have been designed to blend into Bitter Ends unparalleled natural environment.
Every room features custom designed teak furniture, twin or king beds, colorful accessories, an old-fashioned ceiling fan, refrigerator, coffee maker, large dressing area with double vanity and H2O amenities, spacious shower with sea view, and wrap-around veranda with steamer chairs and a romantic couples hammock. There are three clusters of duplex cottages, Reef, Horizon and Garden.
The following amenities are complimentary based upon request and availability: alarm clocks, sewing kits, hair dryers, irons and boards.
• Additional per person, per night rates apply after double occupancy.
• King and queen beds may accommodate only 2 adults.
• No charge for cribs or rollaways. They are based upon advance request and subject to availability on the day of arrival.
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: bathroom (private), ceiling fan, coffee maker, crib (upon request), data port, telephone, iron, ironing board, refrigerator, rollaway bed (upon request), shower and hairdryer.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
The Clubhouse Bar, Happy Hour is from 5:00pm-6:30pm on the Terrace.
General Opening Hours: 10:00am-10:45pm.
• General Opening Days: Daily
The English Carvery Bar, is open only on those days that the English Carvery is open for dinner.
General Opening Hours: 4:00pm-10:45pm
The Pool Bar, pool bar is open seasonally.
General Opening Hours: 8:00am-5:30pm General Opening Days: Daily
The Poolside Lunch & Bar Service, The bar is located at the south end of Bitter End, beside the freshwater pool. An entire day can be pleasantly spent by the pool with a light salad for lunch and a cocktail late afternoon. Lunch is available from 12:15 until 2:00pm every day except Sunday. Closed September and October.
The Emporium Pub & Grill, For those wanting a snack during the day, rotisserie, pizza, chicken, hot-dogs and other items may be purchased in The English Pub, located at The Emporium, opposite the Quarterdeck Club. Please Note: That these items are not included in your meal plan.
The Almond Walk(*), Available for dinner certain evenings during the week. Please inquire at the Reception Desk or consult your weekly schedule.
Dinner Hours: 6:30pm-9:30pm
(*) Denotes reservation is required.
The Clubhouse Steak & Seafood Grille, The Clubhouse is Bitter Ends landmark restaurant and features generous buffets and table service for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as cocktail service on the terrace all day and evening. The Clubhouse is near the Main Lobby.
The English Carvery(*), This beautiful open-air restaurant, located on the south end of the property, is open for dinner during the Winter Season and for special evening events. Please inquire at the Reception Desk or consult your weekly schedule. The Carvery features salad served table side, followed by a magnificent selection of roast meats and a local seafood dish on the buffet. Reservations are requested for the 6:30pm and 8:30pm seating.
(*) Denotes reservation is required.
A beach attendant is available on the North Beach by the Almond Walk to serve drinks when you are lounging by the sea.
• Guests must be 21 years of age or older to register.
• No European Plan (EP) or Family Packages plans are available over the holiday season.
• Smoking is permitted only in designated areas around the resort.
Holiday Season Restrictions:
• No Family Package plans are available over the peak holiday season.