Distance from ferry to hotel, 35 minutes. Distance from Cyril E. King Airport (STT) to Charlotte Amalie dock for ferry, 15 minutes.
Passengers are taken from St. Thomas airport by taxi to Charlotte Amalie Harbor, where a Caneel Bay ferry takes them directly to the resort.
Caneel Bay is an exclusive resort located on the remote island of St. John, in the heart of the United States Virgin Islands. Nestled within the lush island greenery of the Virgin Islands National Park, this 170-acre resort boasts secluded beaches overlooking the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. Caneel Bay also features extensive water sports, nature tours, fitness center, 11 tennis courts, one swimming pool, children's program (Turtle Town), gift shop, activities center, three restaurants/two bars (Caneel Beach, Beach Terrace Dining Room, Turtle Bay Estate House, ZoZo's at the Sugar Mill, Caneel Bay Bar, the Verandah at the Turtle Bay Estate House).
Circling the peninsula, Caneel Bay features 7 secluded beaches: Honeymoon Beach, Little Caneel Beach, Caneel Beach, Scott Beach, Paradise Beach, Turtle Bay Beach, and Hawk's Nest Beach.
- Babysitting Services ($)
- Bars (2)
- Beauty Salon ($)
- Boat Rentals ($)
- Car Rental ($)
- Children's Activities
- Entertainment (nightly)
- Excursions ($)
- Fishing ($)
- Laundry Service ($)
- Massage Services ($)
- Restaurants (3)
- Scuba Diving ($)
- Sunfish Sailboats
- Tour Desk ($)
- Trails (hiking)
• Yachting excursions
• Sunset cocktail cruise
• Guided snorkeling tours
• Boat charters
• Self-drive powerboat rentals
• Jeep rentals
• Scuba diving & instruction
• St. John Island Tour
• Fishing charters
• Children's Program (Turtle Town)
• Ecotour Adventure ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 11:00 am
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children of all ages are welcome year round at Caneel Bay. For guests wishing to enjoy serene relaxation, 2 of Caneel Bay's quietest beaches, Scott and Paradise, and their respective rooms (Premium Beach Front & Cottage 7) are reserved exclusively for guests 12 years and older.
• Children 0-4 stay free in accommodations when sharing with parents.
• Children 5-11 will pay a child rate.
• Children 12 and over pay the extra person/adult rate.
• Courtside - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child or 1 adult and 2 children.
• Garden View - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child or 1 adult and 2 children.
• Ocean View - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child or 1 adult and 2 children.
• Beachfront - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child or 1 adult and 2 children.
• Premium Ocean View - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child or 1 adult and 2 children.
• Premium Beachfront - 3 adults.
Bedding is your choice of 1 king size bed or 2 twin beds. Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Courtside, (CRT) Located near the tennis courts and fitness center, these rooms offer views of lush tropical greenery and are a short walk to the beach.
• Number of accommodations: 8
Garden View, (GDV) Pleasantly scattered throughout the resort, these ground level rooms are surrounded by Caneel's tropical foliage and are just a short stroll to the beach.
• Number of accommodations: 24
Ocean View, (OCV) These rooms, near the water's edge, offer panoramic patio or balcony views of the beach and sea.
• Number of accommodations: 33
Beachfront, (BFT) Located directly on the pristine sands of Caneel's beaches, these rooms feature spacious balconies or patios.
• Number of accommodations: 54
Premium Ocean View(*), (PRO) Located in the Cottage Point area of the resort, these rooms are perched along the shoreline with unobstructed views of the sea.
• Number of accommodations: 14
Premium Beachfront(*), (PMB) Offering the utmost in privacy, these beachfront rooms are located in single-level units and feature balconies that open directly onto the finest of Caneel's beaches.
• For the majority of the year, this category DOES NOT accept children (there are a few dates that are exceptions to this rule). Please see the information listed under the maximum occupancy section for further details.
• Number of accommodations: 23
The 166 airy, spacious guest rooms feature air-conditioning with digital in-room climate control, louvered walls, open- picture windows and ceiling fans, enabling guests to delight in St. John's plentiful trade winds. Casually elegant interiors are decorated with hand-crafted furniture, richly woven fabrics, plush reading chairs, commissioned artwork and tiled bathrooms. All rooms feature either a patio or balcony and offer breathtaking views of the pristine white sand beaches or lush tropical gardens. Once the island home of the Rockefeller family, the famous 'Cottage 7' has housed celebrities and political figures, who enjoy its secluded location and its five individually designed rooms, all featuring colonial-style, four-poster beds.
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: alarm clock, bathrobes, hairdryer, iron, umbrella, safe (in accommodation), sitting area, slippers and ironing board.
Refrigerator fully stocked refrigerator/mini-bar
Miscellaneous Amenities There are no telephones or televisions in the individual guestrooms.
Air Conditioning individually controlled air conditioning and ceiling fan.
Bathtub Most rooms are not equipped with bathtubs.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Caneel Bay Bar, Centrally located on property within easy access of the majority of the guest accommodations along a flower-strewn path.
• Light fare offered from 11:00am-9:00pm closing. Live music each evening invites guests to relax, unwind and mingle.
Caneel Beach Bar & Grill, Find flavors for the entire family at the Caneel Beach Bar & Grill, located right next to the resorts main reception area. Stay current on the latest news or catch the game on large television screens while you browse the menu for your favorite classic dish. Featuring delectable sandwiches, burgers, tempting desserts, as well sushi and sashimi rolls, this casual setting is the perfect place to unwind after a full day of recreation. At sundown, stop into the bar for creative cocktails and unwind as the scenic Caribbean backdrop fades to night.
Cannella Gelateria And Coffee Shop, offers homemade gelato, a large variety of coffee drinks and delicious paninis all freshly made using high quality products in an eco-friendly environment.
The Caneel Beach Terrace, Sumptuous lunch buffets are available at the Caneel Bay Beach Terrace. This open-air dining room located just a few steps from the Caneel Bay shoreline, is also a popular spot for the weekly Grand Buffet. All meals feature the finest cuisine prepared with health and fitness in mind.
Turtle Bay Estate House, Succumb to the charms of the Caribbean moon while enjoying an evening of romantic dining at Caneel's most elegant restaurant, Turtle Bay Estate House. Perched high on a panoramic peninsula, Turtle Bay offers an inspired menu of classical and creative American cuisine served against a backdrop of ethereal beauty. Begin with cocktails in the cozy surroundings of the verandah. Then, savor a candlelit feast in the beautifully appointed dining room. Breakfast and lunch buffets are also served in high season at Turtle Bay. Seating capacity: 132. Afternoon tea and evening cocktails are served on the verandah overlooking the channel and affords picturesque views of neighboring islands and passing yachts on the horizon.
Zozo's At The Sugar Mill, Perched atop the resort's 18th-century sugar mill ruins, overlooking the stunning scenery surrounding Caneel Bay, ZoZo's at the Sugar Mill offers a menu of northern Italian fare.
• Bask in the breeze in this open-air environment while you gaze at the shimmering lights of St. Thomas, scattered along the horizon. Note:
• Children under 5 years of age are not permitted to dine in ZoZo's at the Sugar Mill.
Additional Dining Information:
• Restaurants are open on a rotation basis depending upon occupancy.
• The Caneel Bay Bar is open every day for lunch and dinner.
• Lunch is typically served in either the Caneel Beach Terrace or the Turtle Bay Estate House, or both, depending upon the season.
• For dinner, 1-3 restaurants are open depending upon the season.
• Restaurant openings will rotate nightly to give guests a variety during their stay.
Caneel Bay Dress Code:
• Gentlemen are asked to wear collared shirts, slacks, and closed-in shoes after sunset when dining at Turtle Bay Estate House during the winter (jackets are customary during this season, but not required). Ladies will feel comfortable in evening resort attire. During spring, summer, and fall, dress Bermuda shorts and closed-in shoes or dress sandals are acceptable for gentleman dining at Zozo's at the Sugar Mill or Caneel Beach Terrace. Slacks are required at Turtle Bay Estate House. Throughout the year, guests should wear a shirt, wrap or cover-up over bathing suits in select public places during the day.
ESCAPE PACKAGE 2018
Booking Dates: 03/24/2017 - 11/20/2018 Travel Dates: 05/01/2018 - 08/25/2018 11/01/2018 - 11/20/2018
• Accommodations (as booked)
• Full breakfast daily for two guests
Package Minimum Stay: 3 nights
• There is an additional charge for the 3rd adult and children 12 and older with this package.
• A child rate applies for children 5-11 years old.
Package inclusions are subject to change.
2018 Bonus Features:
• Airport greeting
• Welcome bottle of private label rum and mixers
• Use of Sunfish sailboats, kayaks and snorkeling gear
• Use of Tennis Courts
• Weekly tennis round robins
• Use of Fitness Center
• Nightly movie presentations
• Early morning coffee & afternoon tea
• Twice daily housekeeping service
• Children's Program (Turtle Town)
• Managing Director's cocktail reception
• A minimum number of participants may be required for some activities at the resort.
Resort Annual Closures:
• For 2018: Resort is closed 08/25/18-10/31/18.
• There is a per person transfer fee that includes a welcome in the airport lounge at Cyril B. King International Airport and an escort by taxi to the regularly scheduled ferry for the 35 minute journey to Caneel Bay. The transfer fee also includes unlimited use of the ferry's scheduled crossings between St. Thomas and St. John throughout the guest's stay and return transfer to Cyril B. King International Airport upon departure.
Child Policy Regarding Transfers:
• Child rates for the roundtrip transfers are available for children 5-11 years old.
• Transfers are complimentary for children 4 years of age and under.
Additional Information Regarding Children:
• Children under five years of age are not permitted to dine at ZoZos at the Sugar Mill.
• Turtle Town the childrens program, is open year round. The program may close during very low periods of occupancy, but counselors will be on hand for individual sessions.