Distance from hotel to Shannon Airport, 20 miles (32 kms).
The Old Ground Hotel situated in the market town of Ennis, a former manor house dating back to the 18th century. A magnificent ivy clad exterior retains all the splendor of a by-gone age with all the conveniences of a modern hotel inside. Visit the Town Hall where Irish and Continental cuisine fuse to provide a very special experience.
Soft, restful color schemes create the perfect backdrop for the 105 luxurious rooms. King size beds and suites with separate sitting area provide extra comfort in the newer rooms and all rooms come fully equipped with multi-channel TV, direct dial telephone, hairdryer and tea/coffee making facility.
Located and surrounded by its own gardens in the heart of Ennis, a town steeped in history, you will find the Old Ground an ideal choice as a touring base. During your visit, enjoy touring the Burren National Park, the Cliffs of Moher, Ailwee Caves and Bunratty Folk Park. Within easy reach you will find six superb world renowned Gold Courses such as Lahinch, Doonbeg, Woodstock, Ennis, Dromoland and East Clare.
- Accommodations for Physically Challenged Guests
- Babysitting Services (on request) ($)
- Banquet Room ($)
- Breakfast Room
- Business Center
- Business Services
- Childcare Services ($)
- Coffee Shop
- Conference Rooms ($)
- Doctor (on call) ($)
- Dry Cleaning Services ($)
- Facilities for Physically Challenged Guests
- Front Desk (24-hour)
- Golf (nearby) ($)
- Hospitality Desk
- Laundry Services ($)
- Meeting Room ($)
- Safe Deposit Box (front desk)
- Security (24-hour)
- Snack Bar
- Tours & Excursions ($)
- Turndown Service
Wedding, Business, Romance, Golf, Honeymoon and Family Friendly.
• Check-in-time: 2:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in/check-out policy: on request, and subject to availability.
• Children's age break is 16 years old or younger.
• Classic - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Deluxe - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
Classic, Fresh, white crisp linen and the softest duvets and pillows ensure a great night's sleep. Each room is non- smoking: Classic rooms have the option of either twin beds which can be a double bed and single bed alternatively 2 single beds. Certain rooms are just appointed with a double bed.
Deluxe(*), Wonderfully comfortable, luxurious, inviting and with a modern style decor. The color palettes used are a mix of soft beige and duck egg against a crisp white. Deluxe Rooms have a double bed and single bed or large king size bed.
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: desk, television (remote controlled), hairdryer, heating, housekeeping, internet access (high speed, wireless), iron, ironing board, maid service, non-smoking accommodations, accommodations (for physically challenged guests), radio, accommodations (smoking, by request), room service (24-hour), air conditioning, safe (in accommodation), alarm clock, safe deposit box, bathroom (ensuite), , bathtub (private), telephone, coffee/tea maker and turndown service.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
The Poets Corner, in the Old Ground Hotel Ennis is noted for its comfortable atmosphere, where locals and visitors can share a drink, or a story or two. When the weather turns blustery and cold outside, the warm and intimate alcoves are heaven sent. Enjoy a hot Irish whiskey or a 'Pint of Plain' at the bar. The Poet's Corner plays host to the finest traditional Irish musicians from Thursday to Sunday nights. Tasty food, offering excellent value, is served until 9:00pm each night.
The Brendan O'regan Room, A formal style restaurant suited to special occasions with an excellent menu, offering traditional cuisine with a modern day twist. Seasonal fresh local produce is used throughout the menu to ensure the best flavours are found in each and every dish.
• The Brendan O'Regan Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The Town Hall Bistro, Located in one of Ennis's most historical buildings, this eatery enjoys a modern and creative style cooking.
• Excellent coffee and freshly baked scones are enjoyed as a mid-morning break and a tasty, bistro-style lunch menu is served throughout the day.
• Treat yourself to an afternoon tea with a slice of Winter-berry Crumble or Pear and Chocolate Tart. However, it is night-time when the Town Hall truly comes into its own. Original art acts as a theatrical backdrop to intimate, candlelit tables, creating a perfect setting for an exquisite dining experience.
• Rates are inclusive of Buffet Breakfast.
Tourist Attractions Nearby:
• Cliffs of Moher Tourist Attraction: 20 miles(32 kms) 40 minutes
• Ennis Leisure Complex: 1 mile(2 kms)
• Ennis Bowling Center: 0.5 miles(1 km)
• Glor Music Center: 500 yards
• Movieplex: 500 yards
• Bunratty Castle Hotel and Folk Park: 10 miles(16 kms) 15 minutes
• Knappogue Castle: 10 miles(16 kms) 15 minutes
• St Johns Castle - Limerick: 20 miles(32 kms)
• Burren National Park: 15 miles(24 kms)
• Clare Museum: 200 yards
• Ailwee Caves & Bird of Prey Center: 25 miles(40 kms)
• Dromore Woods - Walking: 12 miles(19 kms)