Discover South Iceland's raw natural wonders:
• Icebergs, hot springs and volcanoes dominate Iceland's beautiful yet rugged landscape. On a guided coach tour, experience the hidden powers of the island including dramatic vistas of the notorious Eyjafjallajokull volcano and the breathtaking Glacial Lagoon. With several over-nights in stunning rural locations, you'll be perfectly situated to hunt for the magical Northern Lights. Iceland is one of the best places in the world to experience this majestic phenomenon.
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children's age break is 6-11 years old.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
HIDDEN POWERS & NORTHERN LIGHTS ESCORTED TOURS PACKAGE 2018-2019 6 Days/5 Nights
Booking Dates: 10/01/2018 - 04/30/2019 Travel Dates: 10/04/2018 - 10/09/2018 10/09/2018 - 10/14/2018 10/11/2018 - 10/16/2018 10/18/2018 - 10/23/2018 10/23/2018 - 10/28/2018 10/25/2018 - 10/30/2018 11/01/2018 - 11/06/2018 11/06/2018 - 11/11/2018 11/08/2018 - 11/13/2018 11/13/2018 - 11/18/2018 11/20/2018 - 11/25/2018 11/22/2018 - 11/27/2018 11/29/2018 - 12/04/2018 12/06/2018 - 12/11/2018 12/11/2018 - 12/16/2018 12/13/2018 - 12/18/2018 01/08/2019 - 01/13/2019 01/10/2019 - 01/15/2019 01/17/2019 - 01/22/2019 01/22/2019 - 01/27/2019 01/24/2019 - 01/29/2019 01/31/2019 - 02/05/2019 02/05/2019 - 02/10/2019 02/07/2019 - 02/12/2019 02/12/2019 - 02/17/2019 02/14/2019 - 02/19/2019 02/19/2019 - 02/24/2019 02/21/2019 - 02/26/2019 03/05/2019 - 03/10/2019 03/07/2019 - 03/12/2019 03/12/2019 - 03/17/2019 03/14/2019 - 03/19/2019 03/19/2019 - 03/24/2019 03/21/2019 - 03/26/2019 03/28/2019 - 04/02/2019 04/02/2019 - 04/07/2019 04/04/2019 - 04/09/2019
• Day 1: Arrival Overnight stay in Reykjavik (airport transfer not included) but they are happy to arrange shared or private transfer.
• -Reykjavik -Hallgrimskirkja -Tjornin -National Gallery -The Sun Voyager -Perlan -Parliament House
• Day 2: Thingvellir - Geysir - Gullfoss Northern Lights Centre - National Park with Geological Wonders (UNESCO) - Exploding Geysers - The Famous Golden Falls Start the day by visiting the recently opened and fascinating Northern Lights Centre in Reykjavik for an exciting and informative presentation on the Northern Lights.
• Onwards to Thingvellir National Park (UNESCO World Heritage site) where the world's oldest parliament met for centuries on the shores of Iceland's largest lake. Drive to Laugarvatn Fontana where your group experiences a geothermal bakery first-hand and digs up bread that has been cooked underground. Sample the delicious bread, served hot from the ground and slathered with fresh Icelandic butter.
• Continue through farmland areas to the geothermal fields of Geysir with bubbling mud pools and the high-spouting Strokkur hot spring. Last but not least, visit the dramatic two-tiered Gullfoss waterfall, a spectacular sight in winter when frozen mid-cascade.
• Stop at Skalholt, Icelands capital during the Middle-Ages and now a culture center with a beautiful church.
• Dinner and Overnight in the south coast area.
• -Gullfoss -Geysir
• Day 3: South Shore - Eyjafjallajokull Volcano Waterfalls - Glacial Views - Black-Sand Beaches - Lava Centre Drive along the south shore, an area of Iceland that is beautiful to view in the winter. This is one of the main farm regions of the country, and the road will pass by typical Icelandic farms, often with Icelandic horses in the fields.
• This part of Iceland is home to the new Lava Centre, an interactive, high-tech educational exhibition depicting volcanic activity, earthquakes and the creation of Iceland over millions of years.
• Stop at the spectacular waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss. Head onwards, passing by Myrdalsjokull Glacier, to visit Reynisfjara beach.
• Take a walk on the black sands, and admire the extraordinary rock formations and thundering waves of the Atlantic Ocean.
• Dinner and overnight stay in Kirkjubaejarklaustur area Highlights:
• -Eyjafjallajokull -Seljalandsfoss -Skogafoss -Vik
• Day 4: Skaftafell National Park - Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon Europe's Largest National Park - Glacial Lagoon with Icebergs - Europe's Largest Glacier Today enter the area of Vatnajokull National Park, named after Europe's largest glacier. This national park is also the largest one in Western Europe. The park's Skaftafell region is a site of outstanding natural beauty, dominated by Vatnajokull glacier.
• View Svinafellsjokull, one of the most beautiful of the glacial outlets emerging from Vatnajokull.
• Continue to Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon where you can enjoy a breathtaking sight of icebergs floating in the fantastic 180 meters (591 feet) deep glacial lagoon.
• Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
• -Skaftafell National Park -Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon
• Day 5: Volcanic Areas - Hveragerdi - Blue Lagoon - Reykjavik Greenhouse Village - Thundering Waves - Geothermal Lagoon Head towards the village of Hveragerdi, which is one of the few sites in the world located directly in the middle of a geothermal area. Hveragerdi is often called "The Flower Village" because of its many greenhouses heated by hot water from nearby springs. Follow along the coastline with its breathtaking waves and through a deserted community that once was a flourishing centre for the region.
• On to the Reykjanes peninsula, where you can enjoy a dip in the famous Blue Lagoon, a unique wonder of nature with pleasantly warm, mineral-rich water in the middle of a black lava field.
• Return to Reykjavik, where the evening is at your own leisure. Dinner is on your own.
• -Hveragerdi -The Blue Lagoon -Reykjanes
• Day 6: Departure Transfer to the international airport for your departure flight. Airport transfer is not included, but they are happy to help you arrange shared or private transfer. They recommend you to depart from your hotel no later than three hours before your departure flight.
• -Reykjavik -Reykjavik City Museum -Kjarvalsstadir -National Museum -Laugardalur
Package Minimum Stay: 5 Nights
• Walk along the continental rift at Thingvellir National Park (UNESCO site)
• Visit a unique early 20th-century farmhouse built into a cave
• Discover the diverse nature along the South Coast of Iceland, with volcanoes, glaciers and waterfalls
• Walk along the banks of the awe-inspiring iceberg Glacial Lagoon
• Uncover the impact and power of recent volcanic eruptions near Eyjafjallajokull
• Hunting for northern lights in optimal rural locations
• Visit the world-renowned Blue Lagoon
• Northern lights are dependent on weather conditions. Sightings cannot be guaranteed.
• Maximum group size: 36 participants.
• 2 nights at a hotel in Reykjavik, including breakfast(except on arrival day) -3 nights at countryside hotels, including breakfast
• Guided coach tour from day 2 to day 5 -3 one-course dinners with coffee/tea (days 2, 3, 4)
• Entrance fee to the Northern Lights Center in Reykjavik
• Entrance to Laugarvatnshellir, The Cave People
• Entrance to the new Lava Centre and volcano film at the Lava Centre's Cinema (day 3).
• Northern Lights hunt kit on day 3 or 4 (use of flashlight, blanket & hot drink)
• Northern Light guided hunt on foot one selected evening
• Blue Lagoon admission, including towel rental, silica mud mask and one drink (day 5)
• Option available at booking time to add dessert course to these dinners.
• Northern Lights "wake-up call" option during the night on days 2-4 (Important: available at most countryside hotels)
• International airfare
• Baggage porterage at airport/hotel
• Personal travel insurance (highly recommended)
• Round-trip transfers between airports and hotels
• Swimsuit at the Blue Lagoon (can be rented on site)
• Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
• Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland is 2:00pm
• Guaranteed late check-out
• Any service not specifically listed under "included"
• Airport arrival and departure transfers are not included and must be booked separately
• Tour is not recommended for children under 6 years
Package inclusions are subject to change.