This tour operates during the winter in Alaska, so expect cold temperatures, uneven and slippery surfaces (ice). Late night Aurora Viewing opportunities start on arrival day between 10:00pm and 3:00am. Prime viewing time is late evening through the wee hours of the morning. So plan on channeling your inner teenager and stay up way past a normal bedtime! Some days are long and active, but the choice is yours as to how much you participate in each day's events.
- Transfers (airport)
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• No children's rates provided. This tour is not recommended for children under 12 years old.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
ULTIMATE ALASKA WINTER WONDERLAND ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2019 Ultimate Alaska Winter Wonderland Tour 2019 featuring Aurora Viewing, Iditarod Musher's Banquet and Alaska's World Famous Iditarod Sled Dog Race. Eight Day, Seven Night Alaska. Overnights: Fairbanks 2, Healy 1, Anchorage 4
Booking Dates: 06/21/2018 - 03/17/2019 Travel Dates: 02/17/2019 - 02/24/2019 03/03/2019 - 03/10/2019 03/10/2019 - 03/17/2019
• Day 1: Sunday Arrive into Fairbanks, the Golden Heart City. Upon arrival you will be met by a local representative and transfer to your local hotel. This evening, board your deluxe motorcoach for a night of Aurora Borealis Viewing. Enjoy a warm nonalcoholic beverage this evening. Overnight Fairbanks. Meals: Not available.
• Day 2: Monday Breakfast will be included this morning. Later, enjoy a city tour of Fairbanks including a visit to the Morris Thompson Cultural Center and the Trans-Alaska Pipeline. This afternoon will be at your leisure for optional tours such as dog mushing tours, Arctic Circle Flightseeing, as well as many others to choose from. Tonight, youll have another chance to view the Aurora Borealis at a different location. Overnight Fairbanks. Meals: Breakfast
• Day 3: Tuesday Breakfast will be included this morning. You will then board your deluxe motorcoach for a scenic transfer south to Denali National Park. En route, enjoy an included visit to the town of Nenana, home of the Nenana Ice Classic! Upon arrival into Denali, enjoy an included visit to the Murie Science and Learning Center which acts as the Denali Visitor's Center in the wintertime. Enjoy the National Park Film, "Heartbeats of Denali", hear from a local ranger about the park, and even have a chance to snowshoe! A box lunch is included today. Overnight Healy. Meals: Breakfast, Box Lunch.
• Day 4: Wednesday Breakfast will be included this morning. You will then be transferred to the Healy Rail Stop where you will board the world-famous Alaska Rail road, (Adventure Class) for your scenic journey south to Anchorage, Alaska's largest city. Keep an eye out for views of Denali from the north face to south face. Upon arrival in Anchorage you will be transferred to your local hotel. Overnight Anchorage. Meals: Breakfast
• Day 5: Thursday Breakfast will be included this morning. You will then board your deluxe motorcoach and travel along the scenic Seward Highway and enjoy an included visit to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center where you will have a chance to see Alaskas wildlife up close and personal. Lunch will be included today. You will then travel to the resort town of Girdwood, nestled at the base of Mt. Alyeska. Enjoy an included scenic tram ride to the top of Mt. Alyeska where you will have amazing views of Cook Inlet. Return to Anchorage in the early evening. Overnight Anchorage. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
• Day 6: Friday Breakfast will be included this morning. Today travel north to meet four -time Iditarod Champion Martin Buser at his Happy Trails Kennel. Hear personal stories while viewing a glimpse of the grandeur Alaska has to offer along the Iditarod Trail. Later, return to Anchorage with an included stop at the Iditarod Headquarters en route. Overnight Anchorage.
• Meals: Breakfast
• Day 7: Saturday Breakfast will be included this morning. Today, enjoy a city tour of Anchorage featuring the historic downtown area, Lake Hood where 190 plus floatplanes takeoff and land daily, and Earthquake Park to learn about the 1964 Earthquake. This afternoon, visit the Anchorage Museum, a large art, history, ethnography, ecology, and scenic museum in the heart of downtown Anchorage. Tonight, share tales from your Alaskan Adventure with your fellow travelers at tonight's farewell dinner! Overnight Anchorage. Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
• Day 8: Sunday Breakfast will be included this morning. You adventure comes to an end with a transfer to the airport.
• Meals: Breakfast
Package Minimum Stay: 7 Nights
• Alaska in the winter is an amazing place to visit. Please keep in mind that winter in Alaska means snow, ice and cold temperatures. Some venues are outdoors, so uneven and icy surfaces may be underfoot. A variety of optional tours from mild to wild may be offered. The local tour director will have details on each available option.
• Guaranteed to go from the first person sold on this unique winter program!
• Hand warmers included to ensure your comfort.
• Premier Alaska Tours local escort will be with the group throughout the entire land tour.
• All transfers, luggage handling, all applicable taxes and sightseeing tours as indicated.
• Gratuities for local Tour Director and driver are included.
• All reserved bookings (with names) by 01/01/18, have guaranteed seating at the Mushers Banquet. Please call to secure bookings after this date as tickets may still be available.
• Meals are included as indicated each day. No alcohol is included for any meal.
• Hotels and itineraries are finalized at 30 days prior to arrival and based on the following:
• Fairbanks: Springhill Suites or similar Anchorage: Marriott; Hilton Hotel or similar Girdwood: The Hotel Alyeska or similar
• Hotels will be assigned at 30 days prior to departure.
• Child Rate: Applicable for children 11 and under.
Tour Enhancements (at an additional fee):
• Pre Night Fairbanks: includes bed tax and breakfast
• Post Night Anchorage: includes bed tax and breakfast
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• Premier Tours does not offer Seward to Anchorage transfer for guests on a Northbound cruise. Guests can either purchase the transfer directly with the cruise line, choose to purchase the cruise train transfer (if applicable and by far the best option if departing flights allow) or utilize scheduled motor coach service from The Park Connection.
• For this tour: Guests fly into Fairbanks and depart from Anchorage. Also Pre/Post Night Winter Tour Enhancements option extensions are available at an additional cost.