Distance from hotel to Tulum, 20 miles (32 kms). Distance from hotel to Playa del Carmen, 12 miles (19 kms). Distance from hotel to Cancun International Airport (CUN), 45 miles (73 kms).
Hotel enjoys a privileged location along one of the most impressive beaches in the world; a unique shore in the Riviera Maya extending 1.2 miles, perfect for disconnecting from your daily routine. Not only does the hotel feature excellent Superior and Family rooms, it also offers Premium Level Junior Suite and Suite rooms (Premium Level Ocean Front Junior Suite and Premium Level Ocean Front Suite), designed to provide an unbeatable stay with the exclusive benefits provided by this exclusive program. The hotel also features an incredible U-Spa with an original U-Kids Spa.
The All Inclusive program offers snacks and drinks 24 hours a day, as well as access to the hotel's 4 restaurants. These include 2 specialty restaurants, one buffet and one snack-grill restaurant, as well as 3 bars strategically located around the hotel.
- Accommodations (physically challenged)
- Aerobics (aqua)
- Aqua Bike Rentals
- Babysitting Services ($)
- Banquet Rooms ($)
- Bar (swim-up)
- Basketball Court
- Beach (onsite)
- Beauty Salon ($)
- Breakfast Room
- Business Center ($)
- Car Rental Desk ($)
- Children's Activities
- Children's Playground
- Conference Rooms ($)
- Currency Exchange
- Dive Center ($)
- Facilities for Physically Challenged Guests
- Fitness Center
- Gift Shop ($)
- Hospitality Desk
- Ice Machine
- Internet Service ($)
- Jacuzzi (outdoor)
- Laundry Service ($)
- Massage Services ($)
- Medical Services ($)
- Meeting Room ($)
- Multi-Sport Court
- Multilingual Staff
- Newsstand ($)
- Parking Facility
- Physician (on call) ($)
- Ping Pong
- Pool (adult only)
- Pool (children's)
- Pool (outdoor)
- Poolside Grill
- Putting Green
- Room Service (24-hour)
- Room Service (24-hour) ($)
- Safe Deposit Boxes (in room)
- Snack Bar
- Spa ($)
- Squash Court
- Sun Beds
- Sundries Shop
- Table Tennis
- Taxi Stand ($)
- Telephone Services ($)
- Tour Desk
- Tours & Excursions ($)
- Towels (beach)
- Trail (jogging)
- Trails (walking)
- Travel Agency ($)
- Umbrellas (beach/pool)
- Valet Service
- Volleyball (beach)
- Water Park (children's water park)
- Water Polo
- Watersports (motorized) ($)
- Watersports (non-motorized)
- Wedding Coordinator
- Wedding Site ($)
• Two persons per game, includes bowling equipment.
• Guests must be at least 6 years old.
• Schedule: 9:00am to 12:00am. Golf: ($) 18 and 9 hole golf courses are available close to the resort in Puerto Aventuras and Playa del Carmen. Diving
• One diving lesson in pool per stay.
• Reservations may apply.
• Minimum skills are required.
• Subject to availability and weather conditions. Miscellaneous Amenities: ($)
• Boxed lunches
• Children's buffet area
• Spa for children ($) -24 hour all inclusive (lobby bar only)
• Segway and ATV rental/tours ($)
• Video games Watersports Surf Rider & Pirate Ship:
• The fee includes Pirate Ship and Surf Rider.
• No fee applies for children under 6 years old for the Pirate Ship.
• Per person per day, only on boogie board schedule.
• Guests must be 13 years old or older for the Surf Rider.
• Will apply for the Resort Credit program. Restrictions apply Surf Lessons at Surf Rider:
• Per person per class (1 hour). Pitch & Putt 4-hole ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in/check-out policy: Early check-in and late checkout on request, (subject to availability) at an extra charge.
• Children's age break is 12 years old.
• Superior - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 1 child.
• Family Room* - 3 adults or 2 adults and 3 children or 3 adults and 2 children.
• Junior Suite Oceanfront Club Premium - 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 1 child.
• Suite Oceanfront Club Premium - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
*Requires a minimum occupancy of 2 adults.
Superior, (SUP) These 409 square feet rooms stand out for their brightness and wonderful views of the tropical gardens that you can admire from the large windows of the balcony or terrace. These are decorated with convenience furnishings with touches of colors to bring warmth to the space. They also come with courtesy amenities to guarantee a wonderful stay.
• Number of accommodations: 840 Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds. View: Garden.
Family Room, (FMR) These 6 family suites, measuring 731 square feet, offer a fully equipped, spacious and bright space divided into different areas to provide additional privacy, making them ideal for families.
Suite Oceanfront Premium Level, These 1066 square feet intimate suited offer beautiful views of the tropical gardens. They also feature smaller details, such as scented candles that add to the rooms elegance.
• Number of accommodations: 8 Bedding: 1 king bed.
Junior Suite Oceanfront Premium Level, With an area of 570 square feet, these comfortable and bright Junior Suites offer an excellent and large, fully-equipped area. They feature two double beds or one king size bed, perfect for couples or families with kids. Additionally, magnificent views of the tropical gardens can be enjoyed from a magnificent terrace.
• Number of accommodations: 100
Premium Level Inclusions:
• Premium Level offers the following exclusive amenities:
• Private Check In & Check Out in an exclusive Premium Level area.
• Personalized concierge services only for Premium Level clients.
• The best room view in the exclusive Premium Level area.
• Petit fours & domestic bottle of champagne in the room upon arrival.
• Pool towels in the room.
• VIP minibar (sodas, water, beer & snack)
• Premium amenities in the room
• Night amenity in the room
• The number of a la carte dinners you will be able to enjoy may vary according to the length of your stay. The hotel will indicate the restaurants you may enjoy.
• Exclusive Premium Level Lounge with international drinks, canapes, continental breakfast, table games, books, newspaper, free internet (Open from 7:00am 11:00pm)
• Room service included
• Premium brand liquors
• Free local calls
• Express laundry service with regular charge.
• 20% off in the spa and beauty salon. Some restriction may apply.
All accommodations include: alarm clock, telephone (with voicemail), hairdryer, mini-bar, , 110 volt outlets, balcony or terrace, ceiling fan, iron, safe (in accommodation), air conditioning (digital), bathrobes, coffee maker, ironing board and bathroom (full).
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Puebla Lobby Bar, Experience the flavor of Mexico in the Puebla Lobby Bar, while you enjoy a margarita and listen to the sounds of mariachi music. Located in the main lobby.
Teatro Bar, Located inside the fantastic Teatro Palenque.
Colonial Buffet Restaurant, Specializing in international cuisine, this restaurant offers an exquisite gastronomical variety to satisfy even the most discerning guests.
Kyoto Restaurant(*), Contemporary Asian fusion cuisine made with some of the best quality seasonal market produce. Enjoy the fun show offered by the chefs at the incredible Teppanyaki tables. A reservation is required, subject to availability, restrictions apply. Formal dress code. Shorts, sandals or sleeveless T-shirts are not permitted.
(*) Denotes reservation is required.
Marenostrum Restaurant(*), Enjoy an exquisite array of fish and seafood dishes at this magnificent Mediterranean style restaurant. A reservation is required, subject to availability, restrictions apply.
• Formal dress code. Shorts, sandals or sleeveless T-shirts are not permitted.
(*) Denotes reservation is required.
Mariachi Restaurant, Grill restaurant right in front of the Caribbean sea. Enjoy delicious sandwiches or an informal buffet without stopping your fun.
A La Carte Eating Privileges:
• A la carte dinner at the specialty restaurants is as follows:
• One dinner for guests staying 3 nights
• Two dinners for guests staying 4 to 5 nights
• Three dinners for guests staying 6 nights
• Four dinners for guests staying 7 nights
• Five dinners for guests staying 8 nights
• Seven dinners for guests staying 9 to 10 nights
• Eight dinners for guests staying 11 to 12 nights
• Nine dinners for guests staying 13 nights
• Ten dinners for guests staying 14 nights
This service is unlimited for guests staying in Club Premium categories.
• Bottled water
• Coffee/Tea (in room)
• Welcome Drink
• Use of Tennis Courts
• Watersports (Non-Motorized)
Spring Break Groups
• Spring break groups will be accepted as quad occupancy.
• At least 1 guest in each room must be 21 years or older.
• Requires a 5 night minimum stay.
Shuttle Bus Shuttle bus provides transportation every day from 8:00am to 2:00am around the Barcelo Maya Beach Resort complex. Service is provided from lobby to lobby as well as a sightseeing tour of the beautiful grounds.
Environmental Levy The Municipalidad of Solidaridad in the Rivera Maya is one of the most beautiful places in the Mexican Caribbean. Tourism has been instrumental in driving the economic and social development of the region. In an effort to continue to preserve, conserve and beautify the destination, the Municipality of Solidaridad has implemented a small environmental levy on visitors. From 01/01/18 onwards, hotels will collect $20.00 Mexican pesos per room per day. The proceeds will be deposited in an environmental trust to fund local projects.
Spring Break & Student Groups Policy Each and every guests 16 to 23 years of age (student/youth) will be required to sign a responsibility letter agreeing to leave the hotel if any disruption occurs (regardless of parent/chaperone). Chaperone is required to sign the responsibility letter.
• Liability Deposit: Every guest between 16 and 23 years of age must leave a credit card voucher or cash deposit of $500.00 USD per person to be returned at check-out, if applicable. This policy is mandatory.
• Cash, personal credit card, or parent's credit card (only if the parent is in the same room) are accepted. Credit cards issued to anyone other than guests (i.e. parents, spouse, etc) are not accepted in Mexico.
• The adult/legal drinking age in Mexico is 18. Under age drinking and providing alcohol to minors is punished by the law. Teenagers under 18 will be given a different color wristband to easily identify them and may be asked to present a valid ID at anytime.
• All guests are required to wear wristbands. A lost wristband is $500.00 USD, no exceptions.
• There is absolutely no exchanging of wristbands between any guests. If such does occur the involved guests will be asked to immediately leave the hotel due to the disturbance this may cause for all involved, as well as Barcelo. No exceptions.
• You will be legally and financially responsible for all damages and disruptions caused to the property. For this reason please act in a responsible way.
• Only guests registered in a room are allowed to be in it at any time.
• This means no visitors or parties.
• Bringing alcohol into the resort or taking it out of is not allowed.
• The Barcelo Maya Grand Resort can and will suspend services to guests, at their own expense, who perform or conduct improper, offensive and/or unacceptable behavior and/or are a danger to others and/or themselves, under the resort management opinion.
• There is a Zero Tolerance Policy at the Barcelo Maya Grand Resort.
Tourist Attractions Nearby:
• Chichen Itza: 475 miles(766 kms)
• Shopping malls in Cancun: 145 miles(234 kms)
• Shopping in Playa del Carmen: 25 kilometers(16 miles)
• Extreme Sports Tours
• Xel-Ha : 48 miles(77 kms)
• Xcaret: 24 miles(39 kms)