290 kilometres north of Cairns and 27 kilometres off the coast of North Queensland. Australia's northernmost island beach resort and is the biggest island of the 3 islands that comprise the Lizard Island Group. Lizard Island has over 1,000 hectares of National Park, 22 unspoilt beaches and an abundance of marine life. Remote and ruggedly beautiful, Lizard Island is surrounded by the finest beaches and waters of any Great Barrier Reef Island and has its own airstrip. The island was named in 1770 by Captain James Cook. The island is an ideal base for snorkeling, deep-sea game fishing, or diving at The Cod Hole, one of the world famous dive sites just a short boat ride away. Enjoy secluded picnics on private beaches, gourmet cuisine and indulging spa treatments.
This is a keyless resort, without mobile reception, televisions or wi-fi in the rooms.
- Accommodations (40)
- Activities Program
- Fishing (deep sea)$
- Fitness Center
- Fitness Equipment
- Laundry Services ($)
- Massage Services ($)
- Pool (swimming)
- Porter Services ($)
- Safe (front desk)
- Scuba Diving ($)
- Spa (day)
- Watersports (motorized) ($)
- Watersports (non-motorized) ($)
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 11:00 am
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children under 10 years are not catered for.
Garden Room - 2 guests.
• Garden Suite - 4 guests.
• Sunset Point Villa - 3 guests.
• Anchor Bay Suite - 2 guests.
• The Pavilion - 2 guests.
Garden Room Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 single beds.
Garden Suite Bedding: 1 king bed and 1 sofa bed.
Sunset Point Villa Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 single beds.
Anchor Bay Suite Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 single beds.
The Pavilion Bedding: 1 king bed.
• Garden Rooms are located on the western side of the resort in a tropical garden setting with easy access to Anchor Bay and the beach. The rooms are a compact 44 square metres but comfortable with direct access to the beach below and have a private balcony with a hammock. Sunset Point Villas are set high on Sunset Ridge amongst native eucalyptus bushland which provide filtered sea views over Anchor Bay or Sunset Beach. These villas offer privacy and easy access to a string of secluded beaches. Each Villa has a private deck with comfortable Australian timber chairs and a hammock. Anchor Bay Suites are set in a broad sweeping arc along Anchor Bay, with easy access to the main Lodge. Offering captivating sea views, each has a pathway leading directly to the beach. Seamlessly blending indoors and out in an elegant and spacious open plan design, a large verandah with daybed is one of the many comforts. The Pavilion, the most exclusive room on the island, is perched high above the Coral Sea and set on the point of Sunset Ridge; combines complete privacy with spectacular 270 degree panorama views of Anchor Bay, Osprey Island and Sunset Beach. An expansive decking area incorporates a private plunge pool, sun lounges and a daybed area.
• Leaving the balcony to stroll down a private path, guests will discover another secluded area where chairs and a table have been perfectly positioned to make the most of sea breezes and the views.
All accommodations include: air conditioning, bathroom (private), coffee/tea maker, hairdryer, telephone, ironing board, mini-bar, safe (in accommodation), shower (only) and iron.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Ospreys Restaurant, Serving a modern Australian cuisine with fresh seafood and local produce. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Diving, game fishing, massages, private dining (full or half day options), degustation menus, Cellar Master list, cocktails, room service, research station tours, snorkeling equipment and sunset wine and cheese cruises.
• This is a non smoking property.
• Luggage limit is restricted to a total of 32kg including one small carry-on piece of hand luggage not exceeding 4kg. Soft suitcases are preferable. Limited luggage storage facilities are available at the East Air Terminal Cairns prior to departure.
How to get there:
• Arrive at Lizard Island by scheduled or unscheduled flight (1 hour) from Cairns. Unscheduled flight transfer prices available on request.
• Scheduled flight transfers operated by East Air from Cairns to Lizard Island departs daily at 11:00am and 2:00pm.
• Return scheduled flight from Lizard Island to Cairns departs daily at 12:30pm and 3:25pm.