This motel is located in the township of Franz Josef, 353 kilometres north-east of Queenstown (approximately 4 hours 15 minutes) and 172 kilometres south-west of Greymouth (approximately 2 hours 10 minutes). It is just a short stroll from the heart of the village and across the road from the new Glacier Hot Pools complex. There are three fully licensed restaurants within a short walk and several formed bush walking tracks close by which have glow worm colonies visible at night.
This modern accommodation boasts superb facilities to suit all personal requirements and travel plans. The motel is architecturally designed for the discerning traveller and each unit is fully equipped with everything needed to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. There are native bush garden areas surrounding the complex for guests to enjoy that include picnic furniture and gas operated barbeque facilities for those that want to self-cater, enjoy their rainforest experience and listen to the evening bird song as they wine and dine. Relax and enjoy the Kereru, Tuis, Kea and other native birds that visit the garden. At night you can even hear the tree frogs whistling in the rainforest.
- Accommodations (16)
- Barbeque Area
- Business Center
- Internet Access ($)
- Laundry Facilities (self service) ($)
- Room Service (limited)
- Tour Desk
• Check-in-time: 2:00 pm Check-out-time: 10:00 am
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• 2 children under 12 years sharing a room with 2 adults and utilizing existing bedding are free of charge unless a child cost is shown in the online tariff.
• Children at adult rate in 2 Bedroom Unit.
Studio - 3 adults.
• King Studio - 2 adults.
• King Studio Spa - 2 adults.
• 1 Bedroom Unit - 5 adults.
• 2 Bedroom Unit - 5 adults.
Studio Bedding: 1 queen bed and 1 single bed.
King Studio Bedding: 1 king bed.
King Studio Spa Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 single beds.
1 Bedroom Unit, 1 King or 2 Singles and 1 Queen and 1 Sofa bed.
2 Bedroom Unit, 1 King or 2 Singles and 1 Queen and 1 Sofa bed.
• The 16 purpose-built ground floor units all have luxurious Italian fabrics, textures, stylish furnishings and natural decor that creates a warm and inviting ambience. Complimenary tea, coffee and plunger coffee is available in all units, along with a color television with Sky TV channels, electric heating and a kitchenette with cookware crockery and utensils and an open plan dining/living area with dining table and chairs.
• The King Studio Spa has an e nsuite bathroom with deluxe spa bath, bubble bath, separate shower, quality bathroom linens and hairdryer. The 1 Bedroom Unit also has a sofa and leather sitting chairs and coffee table while the 2 Bedroom Unit has a full kitchen including a fridge/freezer. Guests are receiving 50MB pfer night of free internet.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
No food and beverage outlets available onsite.
Reception Hours Open 8:00am to 8:00pm, daily.