Overnights: Anchorage 1, Girdwood 2, Anchorage 4.
Hotels and itineraries are finalized 30 days prior to arrival.
- Transfers (airport)
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• No children's rates provided. This tour is not recommended for children under 12 years old.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
WINTER WONDERLAND ESCORTED LAND TOUR PACKAGE 2018 Winter Wonderland Escorted Land Tour 2018 featuring the Iditarod Musher's Banquet and Alaska's World Famous Iditarod Sled Dog Race Eight Day, Seven Night Alaska.
Overnights: Anchorage 1, Girdwood 2, Anchorage 4.
Please use the 2018 Winter Wonderland Escorted Land Tour itinerary as a guideline until we receive the 2019 information.
Booking Dates: 05/15/2018 - 12/31/2018
• Day 1: February 26, 2018 Air arrival into Anchorage (booked on own). Upon arrival you will be met by a local representative and transfer to your local hotel. Overnight in Anchorage. Meals: No meals available on this day.
• Day 2: February 27, 2018 Breakfast. Today climb aboard your motorcoach for a journey to the coastal community of Seward. Travel south along the spectacular Turnagain Arm. Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center to see Alaskan wildlife up close. Visit the Alaska Sealife Center for an in-depth look above and below the waters. Later, travel to the resort town of Girdwood for overnight accommodations at The Hotel Alyeska. Meals: Breakfast, Box Lunch.
• Day 3: February 28, 2018 Breakfast. A day at leisure at the resort. There are many optional tours to choose from or just relax and enjoy the hotel amenities ranging from relaxation in the spa facility, flightseeing, downhill skiing or snow shoeing (costs are additional). Enjoy an included tram ride offering spectacular views of the valley. Overnight at The Hotel Alyeska, Alaskas only four-diamond property. Meals: Breakfast.
• Day 4: March 1, 2018 Breakfast. Morning departure from Alyeska north to Anchorage. Enjoy a city tour through the historic downtown district, Lake Hood/Lake Spenard and visit the Alaska Zoo for a "behind the scenes" tour. Time to explore Anchorage on own, you may want to visit the Anchorage Museum. Tonight, enjoy Iditarod festivities and dinner at the Mushers Banquet! Overnight in Anchorage. Meals: Breakfast, Dinner.
• Day 5: March 2, 2018 Breakfast. Today travel north to meet four-time Iditarod Champion Martin Buser at his Happy Trails Kennel. Hear personal stories while viewing a glimpse of the grandeur Alaska has to offer along the Iditarod Trail.
• Returning to Anchorage visit the Iditarod Headquarters. Overnight in Anchorage. Meals: Breakfast.
• Day 6: March 3, 2018 Breakfast. This morning head to 4th Avenue to get a great spot at the Ceremonial Start of the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race. Spend time cheering on mushers from all over the world. Watch each of them depart or take off early and enjoy other Iditarod festivities in Anchorage. This afternoon, enjoy the cultural opportunities available at the Alaska Native Heritage Center. Tonight, reminisce over your Alaska winter adventure and when you plan to return for another adventure to the Great Land. Overnight in Anchorage. Meals: Breakfast, Farewell Dinner.
• Day 7: March 4, 2018 Breakfast. This morning depart from your hotel for the adventure north to Willow for the restart of the Iditarod Sled Dog Race. Be sure to dress in layers to maximize staying warm as the entire day will be spent outside cheering on your favorite dog teams. En-route, stop at a local grocery store in Wasilla to pick-up on own snack and lunch items. Prepare for a bit of a walk to find the perfect spot along the fence line of the race.
• Mushers take off across Willow Lake on their 1,049 mile journey by dog sled to Nome. The Willow Community Center is open and offers a break from the cold with vendors selling food and drink as well as local crafts.
• Don't miss out on snacks throughout the day! Your Tour Director will have more information on this edible portion of the program! The departure time from Willow will depend on weather conditions and guests comfort level. It is their goal to see as many of the Mushers depart as possible while still arriving back into Anchorage by 6:00/6:30pm. Overnight Anchorage. Meals: Breakfast, Snacks.
• Day 7: March 4, 2018 continued This day includes walking on snow and ice (and a few hills) to get to the official start of the Iditarod, where mushers take off from a lake. A stop will be made at a local grocery store, so guests can get snacks or lunch on own and if they wish buy a portable chair for sitting. Guests are encouraged to take their time to get to the venue, as there is not a rush.
• In the event, the Iditarod Official Start is relocated (beyond Willow, AK) due to weather and trail conditions, a full day of activities will be substituted for the guests in Anchorage. See box below for the detailed alternative Day 10 itinerary.
• Day 7: March 4, 2018 alternative Alternative Anchorage Day 7 Itinerary would include a visit to the Alaska Aviation Museum to learn about the huge impact bush planes and pilots have on the survival of the small villages throughout Alaska, along with meeting a Bush Pilot. Guests will dine in the atmosphere of warm Alaskan hospitality at a local restaurant for an included lunch and the day will include a stop at the Bear and Raven Theater where guests will enjoy a 30 minute interactive movie about the Iditarod Sled Dog Race.
• Guests who book a Monday evening flight out of Anchorage would have the option to go to Fairbanks for a day trip at additional costs.
• Day 8: March 5, 2018 Breakfast. Your adventure comes to an end with a transfer to the airport.
• Meals: Breakfast.
Package Minimum Stay: 7 Nights
• Alaska in the Winter is an amazing place to visit. Please keep in mind that winter in Alaska means snow, ice and cold temperatures. Some venues are outdoors, so uneven and icy surfaces may be underfoot. A variety of optional tours from mild to wild may be offered. The local tour director will have details on each available option.
• Guaranteed to go from the first person sold on this unique winter program!
• Hand warmers included to ensure your comfort.
• Premier Alaska Tours local escort will be with the group throughout the entire land tour.
• All transfers, luggage handling, all applicable taxes and sightseeing tours as indicated.
• Gratuities for local Tour Director and driver are included.
• All reserved bookings (with names) by 01/01/18, have guaranteed seating at the Mushers' Banquet. Please call to secure bookings after this date as tickets may still be available.
• Meals are included as indicated each day. No alcohol is included for any meal.
• Hotels and itineraries are finalized at 30 days prior to arrival and based on the following:
• Anchorage: Marriott; Hilton Hotel or similar Girdwood: The Hotel Alyeska or similar
• Hotels will be assigned at 30 days prior to departure.
• Child Rate: Applicable for children 11 and under.
Tour Enhancements (at an additional fee):
• Pre/Post Night Anchorage: includes bed tax and breakfast
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• Premier Tours does not offer Seward to Anchorage transfer for guests on a Northbound cruise. Guests can either purchase the transfer directly with the cruise line, choose to purchase the cruise train transfer (if applicable and by far the best option if departing flights allow) or utilize scheduled motor coach service from The Park Connection.